Recently my cousin and her family visited from San Diego. On our her last day, we spent some girl-time shopping and lunching in Highland Park. Part of our shopping mission was to hunt for perfect gift for her next summer host, the ‘girl who has everything’. We had great success at a few local stores. And just a week later, on my doorstep the following week was the perfect hostess gift, from my cousin of course. She is a talented gift-giver. Going through that process, I realized I wanted to create a list of ideas so I have a few go-to’s!
I’ve rounded a few unique hostess gifts. When thinking about the appropriate gift and budget, consider if your host is simply having you over for dinner, throwing a party in your honor, or if you are a guest for an extended stay. Budgets I would recommend: For the first instance: $25-$60. For the overnighters; $60-$100.
Here are my favorites:
- Halo Fringe Cocktail Napkins (Set of 4): $21 ~ Buy these now, they are on major sale and are usually $60 for the set of 4! At this price, buy 3 sets and gift your host 12 (a complete set!)
- Zodax Illuninaria Diffuser (Magnolia): $60 ~ Magnolia is one of my favorite fragrances, these porcelain diffusers are a great gift for the home.
- Stemless Acrylic Wine Glasses (Set of 4): $59 ~ I love acrylic as an option for entertaining, especially in the summer, they are unbreakable for indoors and outdoors. These glasses come in clear, white, navy and orange if you are adventurous – I would go for a pop of color! And, if you have time, monogram it.
- Monogram Slate Serving Board: $52 ~ It’s so nice to personalize something if you have time. With something this heavy, I’d recommend shipping it directly vs. carrying with you on your journey.
- Pink Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses (Set of 4): $28 ~ These are beautiful and functional of course:) Gift these glasses along with a bottle of tequila, my husband’s favorite is: Casamigos and mine is: Clase Azul Reposado. You pick!
- Petanque/Bocce Set: $50 ~ I love a good activity gift, one that the whole family can play, bocce is a perfect lawn game for all!
- Classic Stripe Kitchen Towels (Set of 2): $10 ~ Pick a color or two and get your hostess a set of towels that are unique and practical.
- Glass Urchin Bud Vases: $16 and Air Plants: $34.95 ~ I love these air plants and urchin vases, such a cute and creative hostess gift.
- You can also assemble Basket or Wooden Box with a few of your favorite things:
There is a way to DIY gifts that is very personal. I think it’s nice to tell a story along with your gift. One thing we like to do is gather a few favorite things we’ve discovered, and write a cute note on each item describing its purpose and why we love it. A basket from us would include: Omnivore Salt: $10 , Balsamic Vinegar: $26, Luxardo Cherries: $25 and Taste of San Antonio Coffee Beans: $11.